Monday, July 7, 2008

the sunniest city in germany

You wouldn't have known it a few weeks ago when it was raining all the time, but Freiburg is known as having the best weather in Germany, and I'm intent on soaking it up before I leave.


On my friend Fiona's last day in Freiburg, we grabbed a blanket, bread, cheese and wine and headed to a local park by a lake.


Needless to say, it was wonderful, as lounging around in the sun usually is.


A few days later I spent a Saturday morning outside on the same blanket with a cup of coffee and a good book. This will likely happen tomorrow morning as well, but with the sources for my term paper. I enjoyed my personal ban on homework while it lasted (just a weekend).


A good way to enjoy Freiburg, but as it turns out, Berlin is quite sunny as well.

2 comments:

Erin said...

1. i love the sun.
2. you have big versions of these pictures? i need them. johann only sent me little ones which, while wonderful, aren't as wonderful as BIG ones.
3. this picture was upside down when johann sent it to me.
4. i love you.

Unknown said...

Its meant to be that way up