Saturday, May 10, 2008

Fresh!

Today was crepe day.

And let's face it: more days in our lives should be crepe days.

But today was a fruit crepe day, and Brian and I bought blackberries, strawberries, bananas and homemade raspberry-rhubarb jam to fit the theme.


Crepes, for some reason, feel really luxurious to me.
The strange thing is, they are super easy to make! They come out so delicate and rich, and I definitely prefer them to pancakes, but they may actually be among the easiest meals I can think of.


And there's nothing like a blank canvas.


...except maybe a bright and colorful one, sprinkled with cinnamon and nutmeg.


Oh! Oh, yes.

Other culinary items on today's agenda include:
- ricotta/spinach gnocchi with red wine tomato sauce for dinner,
- rosemary peasant bread, which I adore and make about twice times a week, and
- cheese straws, which sounds really weird from the name but seem to be like thin, cheesy breadsticks. I can't wait.

No comments: